Luxon Engineering is quickly growing and the need for additional resources often comes up. We strive to offer competitive salaries and benefit plans in a laid-back, but productive working environment. Currently available positions are listed below, qualified applicants may submit a resume (pdf format required) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call regarding job inquiries. We will get back to you should we have further questions or desire an interview. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any internship opportunities.
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Minimum B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent college degree
- 4+ years practical mechanical engineering work experience
- Highly Proficient SolidWorks CAD user, CSWP/CSWE preferred
- Understanding of advanced surfacing techniques, continuous curvature, etc.
- Proficiency with injection molded part design
- Knowledge of various manufacturing methods and their design requirements
- A good understanding of DFM and DFA techniques
- Understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M-1994 or similar
- Experience designing one-off through mass production level components
- Fluent with Microsoft Windows and Office suite
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills; applicant must have the ability to complete projects on time and within budget
Additional skills/knowledge preferred:
- Medical device experience
- Knowledge of FDA regulations and compliance requirements
- FEA background utilizing advanced software (Altair, Nastran, Ansys, etc.), Altair HyperMesh experience is a strong plus
- CFD background utilizing advanced software (Altair, Fluent, Ansys, etc.), AcuSim experience is a strong plus
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Basic fabrication skills (machining, welding, sheet metal, etc.)
- CNC programming and operation
- FSAE experience
- PE or EIT
This position will be responsible for direct interaction with clients to complete project objectives. Qualified applicants must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Projects come from a variety of industries and at various stages of completion. The engineer must possess the skills necessary to take a concept from a napkin sketch through to high volume production and/or be able to step in at any point in between. This is a contract position, applicants should be prepared to work 30-50 hours per week in a fast paced and interdisciplinary environment. Compensation is hourly and based on the applicants skill set and experience level ($40-70/hr).